Jack Paradise and Sam Eastgate of Late of the Pier
It’s been one month since I watched the stage crew for Direct TV’s SXSW Bat Bar single handedly tear apart Late of the Pier, oh, and then watch them get the plug pulled on them after three songs at their day show. Needless to say I was more then ready to watch the real thing after the teasers in Austin.
The crowd is ready and aggressive not to lose their hard earned spot up close to the stage which only stands a few feet taller then us. Sequin covered, they emerge from house right. Smiles to me are a good thing; they are ready and so am I. (more…)
Dead Sexy Inc bring the rock and roll to SXSW 2009
I sat down to make a top 5 list of my favorite musical moments from South By Southwest 2009, but as I started putting it together, I thought I’d rather just give my comments in each of a few different categories. Read ahead to see:
- Which band had the best choreography?
- What was the most average performance that suggested a great album?
- What band is most likely to cause an indie music nerd pit to break out?
- Who was my biggest surprise of the festival?
- What band clearly got tired of playing shows and seeing me at them?
- What act caused my fanboy drool reflex to start?
- Which band needs the most practice to go from interesting to awesome?
- Who caused a crowd to go from standoffish to dancing madly?
- Which show that I tried to attend got visited by the fuzz?